Hankering for the Hook

Friday, May 28, 2010

I have been lazy lately on posting. I started the semester this week and I am really liking online classes. In knitting news, I finished my entrelac tee and I need to stretch it out just a wee bit. I knit it tighter since its Summer Tweed with the expectation of s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g.

I started the Aran Necklace Camisole from the same IK issue. I just picked up stitches for the back tonight. The construction is great---you knit the cabled necklace first then pick up stitches in the front and back. Ingenious short rows. I really should practice more with short rows as I want to make shawl patterns that utilize them. I do think this tank is going to go fast. I will probably need another skein.

I am going to start looking for yarns this week to start the Mister's fair isle sweater. I am going to post a picture of it later this week. Its a true fair isle with patterning from collar to cuff. Lucky me but I will acquire the esteemed art of steeking with this project. Oh and the sweater is in goddamn fingering weight. Well at least I can use sock yarn:)

I really have a itch to crochet lately. I am loving the Julie cuff, Boteh scarf (Miss Babs),and Wavelength(Noro K sock). I am too lazy to link tonight. Oh and I am going to start the Chain Maille scarf tonight which is just chain st and slip stitch. I have some ugly yarn that will most likely pool in any other project.

0 comments:

 
Woolen Obessions - by Templates para novo blogger