All-in-One

Sunday, May 2, 2010

I am horrible at consistently posting. So here is an all-in-one post for the Knit & Crochet blog week!

Is there a skill related to your hobby that you hope to learn one day? maybe you’re a crocheter who’d also like to knit? Maybe you’d like to learn to knit continental, knit backwards, try cables or attempt stranded colorwork.

I am going to steek this year. At some point at least! I gave Drew the gift of two sweaters for Christmas and I have to churn out a cabled one and a fair isle re-creation and mesh with an old sweater of his and an Alice Starmore pattern. The cabled sweater is featured in the last post. I really am terrified to cut my knitting up especially a fair isle. So I will practice LOTS with swatch tubes until I feel comfortable.

Where do you like to indulge in your craft? Is your favorite arm chair your little knitting cubby area, or do you prefer to ‘knit in public’? Do you like to crochet in the gr.eat outdoors, perhaps, or knit in the bath, or at the pub?

I like to knit and crochet every place I can whether in public or at my house. I have a little corner in my bedroom with these fantastic tufted vintage chairs, a lamp and a wicker basket overflowing with projects. I will post a picture later when I am home. I sometimes knit in bed especially when I am at the Mister's. We have a policy of only knitting while he is on the computer. I don't like the policy but he is on the computer most of the time.


Do you have a particular knitting/crochet tool or piece of equipment that you love to use? Maybe it is an old bent pair of needles that used to belong to someone special, or a gorgeous rosewood hand-turned crochet hook that you just love the feel of? Write about what you love it.

I love using my interchangable needle set just because I am not limited to how many projects with a certain needle size.


There’s one love that we all share: yarn. Blog about a particular yarn you have used in the past or own in your stash, or perhaps one that you covet from afar. If it is a yarn you have used you could show the project that you used it for, perhaps writing a mini ‘review’. Perhaps, instead, you pine for the feel of the almost mythical qiviut? You could explore and research the raw material and manufacturing process if you were feeling investigative.

Oh the yarn I love. I am a hoarder of Cascade 220, Cascade Eco, and Noro. I have just found Berroco Vintage and I cannot wait to knit with that. I also bought some Miss Babs and Lisa Souza yarn that seem to be a nice extra to have in your stash. I love Cascade 220 and Eco for their workhorse capabilities. Noro is a beautiful yarn to create something unique and special with.

0 comments:

 
Woolen Obessions - by Templates para novo blogger